Friday, August 29, 2014

Schlepping Suitcase Across the Country

It's been one stressful day!!! We arrived in San Diego around 11 a.m. We did manage to get the 7 suitcases, and various carry-ons in the small Jetta. We went to the hotel and schlepped ALL those 50 lb. bags to the room because we had no room to pick up the Bed Bath and Beyond order. After that, I managed to get us stuck in rush hour traffic---dying of thirst. 

After a stop at Starbucks, we made our way to Target. It was only supposed to take a few minutes, so I decided to just circle the lot while they ran in since parking was such a zoo. I managed to luck out and pulled in to a close space. I waited for nearly an hour. I had already finished my tea and was thirsty again. I saw someone come out of Target with a Starbucks. I went in and saw that Stephanie and Morgan were in the checkout lane with another heaping cart full of stuff. Steph had tried 4 types of payment---all were denied. At that point, I gave them my card. The order was frozen due to too many tries to purchase. Everything had to be re-rung. Once they did that, we swiped my card. I guess it's no surprise that my card was declined too! I had just spent a large amount at BB&B. Now we're up a creek. I have about $200 cash with me. I only have one card. Sooooo, I get on the phone with my bank---and was immediately put on hold "until the next available representative." I waited at least 20 minutes before I got through. They lifted the freeze on my card---we're back in business. 

We got back to the hotel and hauled everything up so that we could organize and consolidate. There is absolutely NO WAY all this stuff is going to fit in that tiny dorm room. We decided that we would unpack the suitcases directly in to the 3 large under the bed storage so we could move them easily. After unpacking just one of the suitcases, 2 of the bins were already full. She has brought way too many clothes!! Note that some of those clothes include her St. Cecilia school uniform. She said it's for when she needs a costume---along with the kitty kat tail, bunny ears and floral lei. 

Stephanie is trying to get her to eliminate some things. Right now they are hanging dresses so they can just put them in the little closet. Guess we'll be schlepping a lot of it back to Nashville. I'm actually doing a pretty good job of keeping my mouth shut! And you know how hard that is for me!!

Having so much fun;)!

4 comments:

  1. Barbara, you made me laugh out loud with your final words! You done well!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good grief! I think you are doing a superb job! I wouldn't have carried all those bags all that way. I would have suggested that she take the basics with her and then get the rest shipped out as she needs it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you can laugh in the face of it all! Bringing the uniform..now that is funny..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness, it sounds like quite an . . . uhmm .... interesting experience! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.