Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Stop the Madness!

Rarely do I get political or controversial on my blog. But considering St. Louis or more exactly, Ferguson has been all over the news lately, I just have to say something. It's national news---maybe even international news. Ferguson is very near where I grew up. You may recall a couple of previous blog posts about the documentary that was made about what happened where I grew up. This latest "problem" is a direct result.

Briefly and to the point, it all started when a white policeman shot and killed a black teen for robbery. The exact circumstances are still unknown. Rioting and looting has ensued. How in the world can destroying your own neighborhood and destroying the local businesses of your neighbors possibly have anything to do with the shooting? How does it help the situation? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Today, the report was that 78 people were arrested last night. Only 4 were actually from Ferguson. What in the world is going on?

I do not know who the guy is in this video, but I do believe he has some valid points.
Things have got to change.

I don't know when this madness will end or how many more people will be injured or killed. All I know is that what's happening there is inconceivable, puzzling, and disheartening.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.