Thursday, September 11, 2014

Five Things Thursday

Now I understand the Cloud. I signed myself up for a workshop on iCloud at the Apple store. I really thought I knew what it was. Today, I learned that I didn't know as much about it as I thought.

1. The cloud is used to transfer information from one device to another.
2. The cloud is a subscription storage service. Apple gives you 5G for free---which is just about enough to handle photos. If you need more storage, you have to purchase it.
3. The cloud does NOT store information from your computer---only phones and iPads.
4. The cloud allows you to access your computer from anywhere. You can even work on documents that are on your computer without actually being in front of your computer.
5. In order for the cloud to sync with your devices, they all need to have the same internet access. That's why sometimes when I'm traveling, my pictures won't transfer. I won't have that problem again! Yay!!!

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.