Sunday, September 7, 2014

New Recipe

A couple of weeks ago, I had a soup at Hillwood Country Club. They called it Chipotle Chicken. It tasted like Chicken Tortilla soup and was so good. As I was eating it, I thought, "I can make this." And I did!! It turned out really good. I put some of it in the freezer, so I'll see if that works too. It's pretty simple.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
2 lbs. pkg. frozen chicken tenderloins
a big glob of celery
parsley
salt
pepper
garlic
chopped onions

Boil all of this together until the chicken is tender. Cool. Chop chicken. Also slice the cooked celery. Add chicken and celery to another pot and the following ingredients:
1 can Rotel tomatoes (I used the original)
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup + 1 soup can of water
1 can cream of chicken verdi + 1 soup can of water
1 can fiesta nacho cheese + 1 soup can of water
2 cups corn

Mix all ingredients and heat through. Serve with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips. (I didn't add the cheese on top and it was still delicious). You could add a can of rinsed black beans too.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.