Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Brief Update

Christmas Village was a lot of fun. This was my favorite purchase:
Gigantic Scrabble letters. I started playing Scrabble with my parents as soon as I was old enough to spell the most simple words. I played with my grandma Z. too. I play with my girls and grandkids too. It makes me happy that the tradition continues!
 Our night on the pedal tavern was a lot of fun. We made two stops in 2 1/2 hours. We only got off once so the guys could check the ball games. We had 7 "older" people and 6 "youngs."
 The guys. The pedaling was harder than it looked, but these guys didn't seem to have a problem. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Oh yeah, that's right, I wasn't feeling all that great, so I had a seat that didn't have to pedal. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
 Merrill and Stephanie. It was cold, but when they were pedaling, they got plenty warm.
 Mindy, Nicky and Butch. Not shown are Stephen and his girlfriend, Sarah.
 Mindy being a monkey on a barrel!
I met my friends for lunch at Panera Bread at the mall. I'm used to the Christmas decorations going up before Thanksgiving, but I've never seen Santa on duty so early. Surely he has plenty to do at the North Pole?

After lunch we went to see Interstellar  with Matthew McConnoughey, Anne Hathaway and Matt Damon. It was very good but very confusing. I need to see it again to see if I can understand it better. They used words that don't even compute in my little brain---like---quantum physics---black holes---relativity---actually, I have to admit, I don't think I understood any of it. Still is was good. Movie Monday is still the best way to start the week!

Now you can hate me for this. I've already started my holiday cooking. I have a double batch of spinach balls in the freezer!! Let the season begin!

8 comments:

  1. S'alright..I bought ingredients for Christmas baking when I was at the supermarket this morning.

    The pedal tavern looks hilarious. I'm starting to wonder how it would go down here. Could be a business idea there haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the scrabble letters - these days I play words with friends more than the physical game. Bought Christmas baking bits last month and picked up the pork roast last night. Spinach balls sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love playing scrabble as well,it looks like you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those Scrabble letters - I have one with my name (regular size tiles) & have made quite a few as gifts over the years. It's my favorite game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your reservations re Santa - much too early! What a great set of scrabble letters - was there a complete set, or just your name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had many of all the letters of the alphabet. You just picked out what you wanted and paid for them individually. The wooden racks were different sizes to accommodate the number of letters.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like fun. Interstellar will probably be our Thanksgiving movie this year. I let you know if I understand it any better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.