Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sister's Crop

Right before leaving for Costa Rica, I met my sisters, Jeanne and Janet at Kentucky Lake State Park for some scrapbooking. It had been quite some time since I was able to have so much scrapbooking time. It can be a hassle to haul so much stuff: tables, lights, printer (except this time I forgot that), Cricut, computer, food, cooler and all of my "go to" scrapbook supplies. It almost takes longer to haul it than it does to get it set up. But when it's all set up, there's just something so relaxing about it. As I pull out my first pre-planned packet, I can feel the calm enveloping me. We usually start out with music while we work and talk. In the evenings we turn on the television. It's just a great way to be together with my sisters a couple times a year. I'm fortunate that I also get to have a few scrapbook retreats with my friends too. I've always said, "I get most of my scrapbooking done when I'm away from home. When I'm home, household responsibilities get in the way of what I would rather be doing!"

Anyway, we've already made reservations to meet again in September. Kentucky Lake is just about half way between St. Louis and Nashville. That means just 2 1/2 hours for me---a little more for them.



 Jeanne planned this title page for us.





 Three layouts about our girls trip to New York---one for each of the girls albums.



 Another title or end page---by me.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of great scrapping there - the wedding page is particularly lovely. I'm looking forward to going to CKC near St. Louis in April with my sis-in-law and then a scrapping weekend has just been booked for September in Chicagoland. Getting away to scrap is a whole different level of creativity and relaxation I think - although I will never complain about all the scrapping I have to do at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never scrapbooked away from home, though I do still recognise that feeling of calm you describe as you sit down to stick

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! I especially like the New York pages because I have several events in my 2011 project to complete that have lots of photos & these are perfect designs for that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.