Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

This is how I'm spending it!
I have never seen the water and beach so completely free of debris! The water was so beautiful and clear. It wasn't that cold either. We also saw some dolphins pass by. They were black---I don't think I've ever seen black ones before.
The water level is much lower than last year. Remember the storm?

There's been a lot of reading and relaxation. We spent the morning on the beach, had lunch and then all afternoon at the pool. The weather is perfect---not too hot.There was a water moccasin by the pool today. Luckily, maintenance came to take care of it. They asked everyone to leave the pool. I was already gone!
I helped Nancy set up her Fitbit and taught her a few things about her Kindle.

Tomorrow I get to deal with the problems. The bathroom sink is sluggish. And, the dishwasher is making a terrible noise. I'm hoping I can call just one person to handle both situations. We'll see. Ahhh, the joys of home ownership!!

And now, a recipe share. I made this for Butch's poker group. It turned out to make such a large quantity, that we had it for our family happy hour, Butch's poker group, Steeplechase and I brought a container to the beach. You can easily cut it in half, except you'll have a half can of Rotel left over. Actually I don't think it would hurt to half the recipe and just go ahead and use the whole can of Rotel.

Cowboy Caviar
2 cans of Mexican corn
1 can of Rotel
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
6 green onions, chopped

Serve with tortilla chips or Frito Scoops. Really good!

6 comments:

  1. Color me green with envy! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a very nice Mother's Day! That recipe looks good & I definitely think you can use a whole can of Rotel anytime! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a peaceful day at the beach. And the caviar sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

    You can press claim as much as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will safe in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.